Mainstay Home Services
Mainstay was formed in 1999 as the affiliate to its housing partner MHPI, Inc.The fundamental purpose of Mainstay is to provide long-term care for individuals with disabilities, as well as the elderly to help people live more stable, productive lives in their own homes and community. Staff members such as registered nurses, social workers, service coordinators and resident specialists interact with clients on a regular basis to assist them by supporting their unique, everyday needs.
Mainstay staff help individuals maintain independent living by assisting with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL). Among the services available are:
- assisting the client in complying with health care provider instructions
- obtaining medical care from physician or emergency room if the client should become ill
- reminders to client regarding medication
- assistance with laundry
- supervision and assistance with activities of daily living (such as bathing, dressing and toileting)
- cleaning and general housekeeping
- assistance with shopping
- provision of, or arranging for transportation
Our program provides clients and their families with the assurance that they will receive the personal care and attention they need; the guidance and support to promote well-being by supporting their physical and emotional health.
Home Based Supportive Services
Using its own Private Pay Plan, Mainstay Home Care provides home care services to individuals who may not qualify for other care programs such as Adult Family Care (AFC), Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) or others, but still desire some level of supportive services while living independently in their own homes or apartments. The range of services, provided by experienced Mainstay staff team members, is flexible and is geared to meet the specific needs and schedule of the individual, couple or group.
Working collaboratively, Mainstay’s team of Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Certified Nursing
Assistants, Resident Specialists and Home Health Aides come together to deliver a coordinated and varied array of services to seniors and those with disabilities. Among the
services rendered are:
- Case management
- Consultation with medical professionals
- Assistance with daily personal care
- Meal preparation as well as help with shopping
- Accompaniment to medical appointments
- In-home overnight supervision/respite.
- Community respite
- Assistance with laundry
- Cleaning and general housekeeping
- Assistance with grocery or other personal shopping
Mainstay delivers services primarily in the Greater Boston area and in Central Massachusetts. For more information on how to receive these services, call 1-888-333-2481.